News & Events
Thank you for visiting our news and events page. Please click on the links below to find out about events, press coverage and what’s new!
LEVI is Receiving a Distinguished Service Award from the Boulder County DA’s Office. Read the Newspaper Article – LEVI Victim Advocacy Awards.
DARC – Domestic Abuse Response Committee
As a result of a professional training LEVI hosted in April of 2012, a new collaborative team was formed to more closely review and respond to domestic violence cases. A special committee consisting of members from Health & Human Services, Safe Shelter, Police Detectives, Offender Treatment, and advocates from the DA’s office, Probation, the Longmont Police and LEVI all meet to discuss domestic violence cases that have occurred in the last week. These meetings have led to a more consistent and immediate response to individuals and families experiencing violence.
In the News
(Media Coverage – Articles, Letters to the Editor)
- LEVI Receives Distinguished Service Award, Longmont Times Call, March 2013
- Longmont Man, Police Unit Honored along with Boulder Police Officer– PJ Shields, Longmont Times Call, October 25th, 2013
- “Shed a Light on Domestic Violence” – Letter to Editor, Longmont Times Call, October 2013
- “That Ugly Divorce May be Domestic Violence” – PJ Shields, Longmont Times Call, October 11, 2013
- “Cutting Out Domestic Abuse” – Whitney Bryen, Longmont Times Call, August 2013
- “Talk to Your Teens About Healthy, Loving Relationships“- Editorial, Longmont Times Call, February 2013
- “Learning From Two Losses “- Longmont Times Call, February 2013
- “Shed Light on Teen Dating Violence”– Guest Editorial by Jackie List, Longmont Times Call, February 2013
- “We Can All Fight This Form of Terrorism-Domestic Violence” – Longmont Life, September 2012
- “Sexual Assault in Later Life”- Marti Hopper, MESA, Boulder Daily Camera, August 4, 2012
- “Abuse Ignores Age“- Longmont Life, May 2012
- “Parents Crucial in Helping Teens Avoid Dating Violence“- Kathy Sanner, Longmont Times-Call, March 10, 2012
- “Technology and Teen Dating” – Craig Mansanares, Longmont Times-Call, March 5, 2012
- Longmont Public Library to Host Mother of Denver Murder Victim for Dating Violence Talk” PJ Shields, Longmont Times-Call, January 31, 2012
- “Teen Dating Tips” – Longmont Life, January 2012
- “Longmont Officer Wins Beth Haynes Award” – Longmont Life, January 2012
* To see articles and editorials prior to 2012, click here to access our news archive.
- In April of 2013, LEVI Coordinators received Distinguished Service Awards from the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office for their consistent outstanding service to victims of crime.
- In October of 2011, LEVI received MESA’s (Moving to End Sexual Assault) Prevention Education Community Partner Award. The award recognizes individuals and agencies who helped MESA achieve their prevention/education mission of “working toward changing tomorrow to ensure a world free of sexual assault.” LEVI was specifically recognized for our work on the White Ribbon Campaign.
- In October 2011, Longmont Police Detective Sandie Esters, an active LEVI member, was awarded the Beth Haynes Award for her outstanding work with victims of domestic violence.
- In October 2010, Longmont Police Detective Mark Deaton, an active LEVI member, was awarded the Beth Haynes Award for his outstanding work with victims of domestic violence.
- In November 2007, Longmont Police Officer Greg Malsam, an active LEVI member, was awarded the 2007 Health-Care Hero Community Service Award by the Boulder County Business Report for his work in training health care providers and first responders to identify injuries caused by domestic violence and how to report the incidences.
- In October 2007, Police Chief Mike Butler received a Beth Haynes Special Recognition Award for his commendable work during the LEVI White Ribbon Campaign.
- In May of 2007, LEVI was honored for dedication, commitment and contributions to victim services by the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office during their Victims’ Right Celebration.
- In October 2006, Longmont Police Officer Sara Pierce, an active LEVI member, was awarded the Beth Haynes Award for her outstanding work with victims of domestic violence.
- The LEVI Coordinator received a Longmont Police Department Community Policing Award for proactive work on a high profile domestic violence stalking case in 2005.
- LEVI received an IQ Award from the Boulder County Business Report in 2005 for innovative programming. LEVI was the only non-profit providing services in Boulder County which was recognized; the other two provided international services.
- The LEVI Coordinator received a Beth Haynes Special Recognition Award in 2005.
- In 2005, LEVI was awarded a Boulder County District Attorney’s Victim Advocate Award for exemplary services to victims of crime and a special recognition from the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office for service in working with domestic violence in Boulder County.
- Recognizing brilliance and innovation in nonprofit programs and projects, LEVI received a NOVA Civic Award from the Community Foundation Serving Boulder County in 2003. NOVA awards are designed to recognize and honor some of the outstanding nonprofit organizations in Boulder County.
To view recent and current campaigns, click here.